Swamp colored water after ascorbic acid treatment HELP

May 13, 2018
Matthews NC
Hi all! Long time reader but very infrequent poster. We've been successfully using TFP methods for several years. We deal with some level of metal staining every year, although it's been well managed for the last two. I had just some slight yellowing and a few places that I wanted to treat, so this week I dropped the chlorine to zero and used some ascorbic acid. This was Thursday. It lifted very quickly and since the stains were light, I only waited about 6 hours to start rechlorinating. However, like an idiot, I completely neglected sequesterant. Within 24 hours, my whole pool is this murky greenish brown. I'm holding chlorine, so I don't believe it's algae, I really think it's the metals in the water but now I'm unsure how to get rid of it! I've got four bottles of proteam metal magic on the way, but they won't be here for a few days yet, and I do have more ascorbic acid. I did backwash the filter. I'm just not sure what to do because it seems to be getting browner and browner!

FC 4.5
CC 0
Ph 7.2
TA 50
CYA 25

You could put some polyfill in the skimmer and see if you can strain the iron out. I've heard that works sometimes. (Sorry, I've never had to deal with iron myself....)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.