Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
Hi all,

Newish SuperFlo VST pump (Installed late September) has started making an intermittent whine. I want to say it started yesterday or last couple days but not completely sure. I know I wasn’t hearing it early last week.

Video of noise here ->Noise

I did check the impeller to make sure nothing was blocked. same with both baskets. Any cause for concern other than annoyance? Any way to fix? I don’t expect a silent pump but the whine is a bit annoying.

Maybe also make sure the gasket on the filter basket lid is not damaged, and that the lid is tight enough so that there are no leaks. Also vent any air from your filter, and try running the pump at a high rpm for a few minutes to see if that clears it out. Good luck.

No air in filter and lid is on and tight. Running to priming speed it was harder to here. At 2250 it’s there as well as 1800. It’s intermittent but seems to happens once every 10-15 seconds.

I think there might still be something lodged in there. I haven't personally had to do it yet, but from looking at the owner's manual a while back it looks very doable for a DIYer to completely disassemble and re-assemble the pump. That might be worth a shot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.