Sunstone Pearl feel...St. Lucia Pearl color opinion?

Haymarket

Jul 21, 2019
Northern Virginia
Hello, we are considering using Sunstone Pearl for our new pool....a large pool with a tanning shelf. Anyone choose Sunstone Pearl and regret it because of the feel? Secondly, we wanted a darker blue water effect so chose St. Lucia pearl. We went based on the sample as there don’t seem to be any pics out there of finished pools with that surface. It is a special order with an upcharge. Anyone use it or seen it in application?

I've never heard of them, but a quick google and they appear to be a Pebble Tec knock off. Thats what we are putting in and are doing the PebbleSheen as its a smaller aggregate so its not as rough. Those types of pebble finishes last longer than traditional plaster, are not prone to swirling like you see in some of the quartz finishes, but are also rougher. Good luck.

Good evening. What did you end up doing? We are looking at replastering our pool using Sun Stone. Any issues with yours?

Amazingly...we have not plastered yet, it is hopefully happening this week! We had a lot of delays with the county inspection process, and then the company has been slow between steps...but hopefully we finish this week. We are going with Sunstone Pearl St. Lucia Pearl. Not a lot of pictures out there of it. I read as much as I could on it and think the product is good, just optimistic that they applicators do a good job and that we like the color when it goes in. Good Luck!

Thought I would share some pics of St Lucia Pearl that I have found and also rec'd from a builder. Hopefully it can help with anyone researching this color in the future :)

Attachments

• St Lucia 1.jpg
    St Lucia 1.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 84
  • St Lucia 2.jpg
    St Lucia 2.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 85
  • St Lucia 3.jpg
    St Lucia 3.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 85
  • St Lucia 4.jpg
    St Lucia 4.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 75
  • St. Lucia Pearl 1.jpg
    St. Lucia Pearl 1.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
We are in St Augustine, FL and if the original poster (Haymarket) has pictures of their finished pool with Sunstone St Lucia Pearl? We had to change our plaster and selected St Lucia pearl as our backup and would really like some recent pics. We wanted a medium deep blue color where you could still see to the bottom at a depth of 6'. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: carmd

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello, we are considering using Sunstone Pearl for our new pool....a large pool with a tanning shelf. Anyone choose Sunstone Pearl and regret it because of the feel? Secondly, we wanted a darker blue water effect so chose St. Lucia pearl. We went based on the sample as there don’t seem to be any pics out there of finished pools with that surface. It is a special order with an upcharge. Anyone use it or seen it in application?
Did you get the St. Lucia Pearl? That is what we are looking at now and I was curious if you had any pictures. Thank you.

Reactions: carmd
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.