Sunction cleaner or Robot?

LisaDLu

Nov 14, 2014
Palm Desert, CA
We need to replace our Hayword Navigator which will be about $400 and am trying to decide if it is worth the extra $$ to get a Robot. With a Robot cleaner do your big pool filters last longer? I am thinking they might since you are catching he debris in the Robots filter basket and it is not going through the vacuum hose into the main filters.

gwegan

TFP Expert
Apr 19, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I'm not sure if your filter will last longer but depending on the robot there may be less time between backwashing or filter cleaning.

No matter what they cost pennies to operate and do a better job than pressure or suction cleaners.

slickraft

Oct 7, 2016
Phoenix
I have Navigators in both my IG pools and keep them running for well under $100 a year in parts so I keep them. With my smaller pools they work great and I have sand filters so no concern about the debris going to them as they are easily backwashed.

If I had to spend $400 to repair one of them I would instead purchase a robot and sell the Navigator parts on Craigslist.

The dog

Apr 17, 2017
sacramento CA
I have had good luck with the zodiac mx8. The bigger one. I've gone through 2 of them in the last 12 years. They do a pretty good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
M Pool Cleaners 5
Cephrael Pool Cleaners 4
martinezj1120 Pool Cleaners 7

Other Threads of Interest