Suggestions for pool cleaners

The 15yr old has been working odd jobs after school trying to save money to buy a car because he will be 16 in April. During the summer he plans to have a job and trying to keep up the lawn (mowing over 2 acres) and cleaning pool every Saturday morning he said he has no social life. Just trying to help him out. It really is a pain to drag the hoses out and hook everything up and then put everything back up again. Thanks for the suggestions, though :wink:

Baracuda Ranger and Haward
Wanda the Whale (or the other variations of the same cleaner) are good suction side cleaners for AGPs...if you want a pressure side cleaner then a Polaris turbo turtle (polaris 65) is a solid choice.

waterbear said:
Wanda the Whale (or the other variations of the same cleaner) are good suction side cleaners for AGPs...if you want a pressure side cleaner then a Polaris turbo turtle (polaris 65) is a solid choice.

I believe the poster doesn't want to deal with the long hose required to use the options you mentioned. I would say check out the pool rover junior. I like it but I haven't used it yet. Also, see this post for another option that looks like a good deal.

mnormington said:
waterbear said:

I believe the poster doesn't want to deal with the long hose required to use the options you mentioned. I would say check out the pool rover junior. I like it but I haven't used it yet. Also, see this post for another option that looks like a good deal.
The poster said that his 15 year old is tired of hooking up hoses and vacuuming once a week. That implies manual vacuuming. All the cleaners I mentioned do not need to be removed from the pool if desired adnthey can be unhooked from the skimmer or return in a matter of seconds. Very different from getting out the hose, attaching it to the vacuum head on the pole, filling the hose with water, and then attaching it to the skimmer to vacuum and then putting the whole mess away afterwards.

I don't recommend the Hayward. I am on my third now and it is messing up. They were replaced under warranty when the guy at the pool store could not figure out what was wrong. I treid to get info from the Hayward web site and they never responded to my questions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Haward has a few known lemons of products (CL200 series chlorinators and Northstar pumps) but their inexpensive AGP suction side cleaners are not among them to the best of my knowledge (We are a Hayward dealer). These cleaners share a lot of the same design as the Navigator, which is Hayward's flagship suction side cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.