TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Sometimes I get so deeply into a long thread I forget who the thread starter (aka OP) was. Then I have to return to post #1 to remember. Some forums identify the OP in each of his/her posts within the thread. That would be a useful addition to the TFP forums.

Reactions: splashpad
On the list of New Posts or in a sub-forum, the avatar of the OP is next to the thread title. If you hover over the avatar, it shows the member name.

I just noticed the thread starter is named at the top of each thread page as well. That's better than jumping to post #1, but still not enough in my face :geek: for my preference.

This is achieved by a Modification to the code which I am VERY much against. The AVS forum you highlighted is a prime example why I dislike the use of too many modifications as they're so heavily modified that a migration or update to the software is going to cost a TON of time/money......even more than normal.

That said, I see this as being a very positive addition as we pride ourselves on personalized advice and it'll be nice to be able to identify who needs that personal attention. I've modified the code somewhat and we'll give it a try for a few days, just mainly to test it out. If I see any issues such as server errors, flashing screens, or a slow down in page load speeds it's gone........but for now let's give this a go.

Good idea!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Color me stupid but I cannot find the thread starter in this thread. It is a VERY good idea but I can't find reference to "rocket j squirrel" in any post other than his own. Please help a seasoned citizen.

Color me stupid but I cannot find the thread starter in this thread. It is a VERY good idea but I can't find reference to "rocket j squirrel" in any post other than his own. Please help a seasoned citizen.
scroll back up to his last comment. Notice the 'OP' banner in his picture? Every time the person that started the thread comments, you'll see the 'OP' banner. Just a way to reference who actually needed the help in the first place...

Looking good! Unobtrusive but provides the helpful info. I haven't noticed any side effects such as server errors, flashing screens, or a slow down in page load speeds using Firefox on Windows or Safari on iPad. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.