SUGGESTED RPM SETTINGS FOR MY PENTAIR INTELLIFLOW SYSTEM

mesa vegas

Apr 1, 2019
las vegas
Does anyone have thoughts on suggested rpm speeds, (flow rate settings) for each category ie:
Pool
Spa
Floor Cleaner

I have them set at this but not sure on thoughts of others.
Pool 1450
Spa . 2200
Floor Cleaner . 2700

Thanks for any thoughts.

M,

Only you can tell for sure... :)

Every pool has different plumbing so each pool is different. The key is does it work for you... I run my pool at 1200 RPM but do not have a heater. If you have a heater then 1450 is about right. Does 1450 turn the pressure switch in the heater on??

What do the spa jets feel like.. 2200 sounds low to me but again, how do they feel to you? Play with the speeds and see what works best for you.

I "assume" that most in-floor systems required the pump to run at almost full speed??? If 2700 makes the heads pop up and keeps your pool clean then that is great.

There is just no right answer..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welcome to the forum!
The settings you need are what works for why you are running your pump. Without a signature, we do not know many relevant facts. What volume is your pool? How do you chlorinate? Is your cleaner a suction or pressure cleaner?

I have a SWCG. To close the flow switch, I need to run my VS pump at 1500 rpm. I have the spa set at 2850 rpm as that gives us the water and air action we like. The cleaner, that is up to the cleaner.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thank you Jim R and MKnauss for the info. Jim-The 1450 (yes, i have heater) is what i was told prior. But interesting you brought up about the heater pressure switch. It was not enough to kick the heater on last week when i was trying to heat pool and run floor and pool system at same time so i was advised by a pool person to raise "pool" setting ( which i did and then the heater kicked on). I will have to see about spa rpm's.

m knauss- i do not have salt water. thank you for the links. looks like i have my homework cut out for me. learning a lot --damsel in distress!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.