Suction side pressure reduced on the spa main drain. Do I have a leak?

IMV8N

Gold Supporter
Jun 5, 2020
Las Vegas
I was reading in the forum that a good way to check for blockage would be to compare the filter pressure as you allow each intake suction flow one at a time. I have two skimmers and one pool drain and one spa drain. So I have pressure of 16 on all individual suctions except for the spa. The spa comes back at 13. Does that indicated a blockage? Also when I have the suction set to only spa I am getting some bubbles at the pump lid, not a lot but definitely some whereas the other suction lines have none. I'm not sure what this means though. I have already done a complete rebuild on the pump and torqued all bolts to spec and replaced and siliconed all the suction side seals. I used a garden hose to wet the suction side pipes and bubbles persist. Does this point to a block and a leak?

Did the return side plumbing remain the same for each test? In other words, did you ONLY change the suction side ports?

Are the suction side pipe sizes and distances about the same?

If yes to both, then is a possibility of a problem but 3 PSI is not a lot of difference.

Reactions: IMV8N
Did the return side plumbing remain the same for each test? In other words, did you ONLY change the suction side ports?

Are the suction side pipe sizes and distances about the same?

If yes to both, then is a possibility of a problem but 3 PSI is not a lot of difference.
Yes only adjusted the suction side. The return was in the same position for all tests. All pipes are the same size and distance is equal. I didn't think 3PSI was bad. Guess Ill keep an eye on it see if it worsens.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.