Suction cups on wedding cake steps

Jun 6, 2020
Knoxville, TN
I searched the forum and found tons of info on the wedding cake steps, but one thing I didn't see was regarding the suction cups at the bottom. I wanted to get a step pad to go under the steps to protect the liner, but all the pictures I see have the steps sitting directly on the pad without the suction cups. We've kept our suction cups on because I thought that would allow better water flow under the steps to prevent algae, but do people generally take the suction cups off instead? Any thoughts on pros or cons to leaving them verses taking them off?

What type of pool do you have with the steps?

Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

Post pics of your wedding cake steps with the suction cups you are asking about.

Sorry, I just got my pool and had to look up all my info to include in my signature. These are the steps I have. After looking at them again I realized even without the suction cups they still have the little legs where they plug in, so even if I took them off the base still wouldn't sit flat. Would it be better to leave them on to suction to a step mat or take them off and let the legs sit flush?
SmartSelect_20200722-091001_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.