Structural engineer recommendations in Florida?

KeysNole

In The Industry
May 7, 2016
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
We are running into a road block with a footer we will need to support our natural rock design on a pool remodel. It seems like most structural engineering firms are too large to deal with us, or out of state.

Is there a go-to person in the state of Florida that can help me out? Just looking for drawings and calculations.

While they took several weeks to complete my pool set, they did do a good job and returned a complete working set of drawings for our pool. I am sure they can probably whip out a footer design and stamp it fairly quick if you get them all the info.

edit: I had originally just pasted the link for their website. Somehow the other info about designing the pool for $99, etc got added or was embedded???

Sorry, just saw all these replies. We are still looking, but appear to be coming down the home stretch. We are putting a significant quantity of natural rock around the 15' width and 30' length of our pool. One engineer wants cold joints and a supporting structure that is essentially separate from the pool. Another wants us to cut 1-3' of the pool wall and tie in the footer to the existing pool. While the latter is more involved, I think it's the better choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.