Strange Pump Action

SteveK52

Bronze Supporter
Mar 11, 2019
Taylors South Carolina
I was standing next to the pump filter etc recording information from the sacraficial zinc when all of a sudden the pump stopped and a few seconds later restarted. I thought at first we had a power blip but went into the house and none of the usual blinking clocks were blinking. Any thoughts?

I had a similar experience. Intelliflo VSF pump and Pentair Intelliconnect box. 7pm and 11am, if the pump was running at that time. After a few calls and emails, I learned--just yesterday, in fact--that the Intelliconnect box that I have syncs with Pentair servers for time each day at 7pm and 11am Central time. When it does that, the pump restarts and may also re-prime. Your EasyTouch may do the same time sync. In my conversation I learned that the twice a day time sync may soon be changed to once a day and at a different time--possibly a time when pumps are normally not running. Equally amazing, the Pentair tech told me that mine was the first contact he had about the mystery restarts, so he had to investigate and only found out from a firmware programmer. So don't worry about it and don't be surprised if the times change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.