Strange lights after pressing 'more' Intellichlor I40

CavVet

Silver Supporter
Aug 5, 2017
Brownwood texas
Good afternoon pool world!
as you can see from my picture, after pressing the 'more' button, the 20% and 60% lights are lit.
The reason for me doing this, is my 'cell' light is flashing green....which means i need to inspect.
i cleaned the cell per Pentair's and TFP's instructions, yet it the 'cell' light continues to flash green.
i also tried the 'shutting off the breaker for 45m' to see if that helped....which it didn't.
IMG_3946.JPG
the cell itself is at least 3.5 years old (the time we've been living in the house).

Results:
Salt 3600
TC: 8
FC: 0
PH: 7.2 (currently trying to lower alkalinity)
TA: 90
CYA: 80
CH: 400

CV,

Based upon the face plate I'd say your IC40 is 5 or more years old... In newer models the % lights work like this...

Pressing and holding the “More” button launches the System Status Mode. When the lights finish scrolling, the percent lights indicate hours of usage in 1,000s. For example, if the 40% light lights, that indicates 4,000 hours.

I "assume" this is true for your IC40, but don't know for sure. If true it looks like your cell has been used for over 8,000 hours...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.