Strainer outlets prevent vacuuming?

Huber0879

May 22, 2019
Delaware
Hi all!
Im having trouble figuring out how to vacuum my intex pool. I had one years ago and just unscrewed the strainer part of the intake and screwed the skimmer adapter on to hook up the hose. I now have a new pool again and the skimmer adapter doesn’t fit the hose. I think I can figure this part out BUT there is also another screen on the piece that goes in the wall. So how would stuff get through there when vacuuming?? My old was was basically just a hole. Have they changed things? Do I need to find an old school piece?? It’s a dual outlet one and 24 by 12 rectangle with a sand filter if that matters. I really don’t want to have to cut the pool!!

I don't know how you are going to do it without cutting...
I was in the same boat as you are now at the beginning of the season. And you are not alone. This is another thread that shows what I did to solve the issue.

Thanks! I will check it out. Didn’t even think about it when I was putting them in! How do they expect people to vacuum?? It’s a decent sized pool, I would think intex would come up with something. Does anyone know what people do that don’t cut it? I would prefer to wait until next year because I don’t want to drain and refill!

The other option would be to get the Intex Pool Cleaner.
I have one that lives in my pool when we are not in it, and it does a surprisingly good job.
Since I have put it in, the need to manually vacuum is about non-existent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.