Strainer Lid Help Please?

shielda

Jul 28, 2010
Can anyone tell me where I can order the lid that goes on my strainer bucket at the pump...We have replace all the gaskets and the pump is still sucking air...I would like to find a place that has fast shipping...I used poolcenter.com to order my gaskets...they were pretty fast...
my pump is a old Hayward # sp1807X10

Thanks

X-PertPool

TFP Expert
In The Industry
Jun 12, 2009
Exeter, PA
Check your front fitting and skimmer hose for leaks. Try a local pool company sometimes they have used ones at a bargain

shielda

Jul 28, 2010
Thanks...We have checked all of that and don't see any leaks...but my hubby is going to get all new pipe fittings today and change them out...just to make sure...the pump will pick up then loose pressure...so there is something wrong somewhere...just hope we don't have to break up the concrete :(

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
So, it's intermittent? Have you checked your skimmer weir (flapper)? If it sticks a little, your skimmer can intermittently suck air.

shielda

Jul 28, 2010
I will mention that to him this evening...he put pressure on the lines yesterday and found 2 leaks...fixed those, things are better but still not right...

Peter_S

Jun 12, 2010
NE Ohio
Did you manage to get the leak stopped? All I can offer is that my Hayward Flow matrix (a little different from yours but has an o-ring seal) is a total PAIN to seal. My lid twists on so if I twist too tight it leaks, not enough torque it leaks...all I know is it needs to be swimming in lube before it seals properly.

shielda

Jul 28, 2010
We did get the leak stopped...Hubby found a bad crack in the pipe...it was in a joint...did have to knock out a whole in the concrete..but wasn't too hard...I also ordered a new lid for the strainer bucket...I put that on yestereday...everything is working great!!!
Thanks for all the help from this forum
Shielda

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
M Everything Else 1
B Everything Else 3
lafonte98 Everything Else 13

Other Threads of Interest