Storing your robot

tabitha_599

Jun 18, 2019
Tennessee
I finally splurged and ordered my S200 from Marina today. Can’t wait for that gem to arrive. I did not order the caddy though. I’m curious to know how those without a caddy store their vacuums? I may end up ordering a caddy from amazon for $105 if I can’t figure something out but I figured you guys would have some good ideas :)

I have mine sitting on two small 2x4's of wood.
That way the tracks rest on them and the brush is kept off the floor.
That's the real concern, making sure the rolling brush(s) don't get flattened.

I’d yours under cover? We don’t have a covered area near the pool. So trying to figure that but out too. Also, how do youbstore the cord and power supply?

I have mine sitting on two small 2x4's of wood.
That way the tracks rest on them and the brush is kept off the floor.
That's the real concern, making sure the rolling brush(s) don't get flattened.

Mine sits outside/in the pool all summer, I'll cover the control box when we expect heavy rain. At the end of swim season, the cord gets coiled and hung on the hooks on the back of the cart and put in a shed for winter.

I keep my Active 20 on its side in a large plastic laundry basket either in the garage or the shed with the cord wrapped in large loops and held together with a large Cable Cuff. The basket keeps it from tipping over. I ‘arrest’ :roll: my wrapped cord, which makes it simple to single-handedly transport the robot to storage, with the filter in the other hand-stored separately to dry. I like this way to also not risk dragging the plastic cord plug. I too contemplated the caddy, but I have a water heater closet for the power supply 10 feet from the pool edge, and a shed 30 feet away, so it just isn’t necessary.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My "Sheldon's" power supply is hooked up inside our pool shed and the cord extends all the way to the pool.

Otherwise Sheldon is pretty much in the pool most days. When SKippy takes him out to clean he'll often lay him on his side in the sun, with the cord extended straight to allow the warm sun to soften any curves in the cord out.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.