Bronze Supporter
Jul 2, 2019
Waco,Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
How quickly will liquid chlorine degrade in the heat if stored in garage last several times I have testes the water it wilwill show 0 fc willadd recomeded dosage 90 oz or so and two days later it is gone just tested it today here are my results
FC 0
CC 0
TA 70
CYA 40
PH 7.9
added 20 oz muriatic acid to bring ph down added 60 oz of chlorine 15 minutes later

no mystery here. you’re adding 5.4 ppm. your fc burn off is at least 3ppm/ day, probably more with your low cya.
i would increase your cya in the 50-60 range and dose everyday while it’s hot...
you’ll want your target fc in the 6-9 ppm range and never below 4-5ppm

Also check the Julian date code on the bottle and make sure it is fresh. Even stored in a hot garage fresh chlorine will hold potency for at least a week or so. How much do you buy and store at a time?

I have been adding cya to the pool have not re tested it yet... I usually buy a case 4 gallons at a time... I found a spot that I can store in inside away from everything that should solve that problem. guess I need to stay on top of the chlorine a little better than I have been

Reactions: jmikeb
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.