Selenap

May 28, 2021
Waynesville, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I dumped 55 pounds of boric acid in my pool last week. Then the rain started. It hasn’t stopped. I’ve pumped out 2 inches of water and some of my precious borates. Yeah I’m losing chlorine and cya but it’s my borates I’m grieving. I have to have it shipped to me and it costs almost as much as the borates themselves. Plus it makes my UPS guy cranky since I’m his last stop of the day.

You can always use some Borax+MA to increase borates for a little. The real challenge is knowing what your actual borates levels are. In a similar situation I decided to wait my test strip show 30ish ppm of borates before trying to add more boric acid (happens that I ordered a little more than I needed before Duda ran out of the free shipping stuff).

I believe you should be much more concerned with a cranky UPS guy than borates on your pool.

Reactions: Selenap
You can always use some Borax+MA to increase borates for a little. The real challenge is knowing what your actual borates levels are. In a similar situation I decided to wait my test strip show 30ish ppm of borates before trying to add more boric acid (happens that I ordered a little more than I needed before Duda ran out of the free shipping stuff).

I believe you should be much more concerned with a cranky UPS guy than borates on your pool.
I’m still probably at least around 40ppm. I can still feel it in the water. UPS guy gives me a hard time cause I drive for fed ex. Lol. Low key pay back. I’m back and forth on borax. I really need to buy another bag of boric acid so I have extra for when I drain down the pool in November. I meant to call my local farm cooperative to see if they carried it and forgot. They carry the odd random thing occasionally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.