StoneScapes Mini Pebble - Aqua White with Touch of Glass

RJP

May 9, 2019
Florida
When picking the finish for our pool we had a hard time finding a lot good online reviews, pictures and videos of StoneScapes Mini Pebble - Aqua White. We knew from the beginning we wanted Aqua White. But only based on what we saw from the the brochure and manufacture website. We were looking for something not too green and not too blue, leaning more toward the blue side. Something not too light and not too dark, leaning more toward the medium side. I guess you can say the Goldilock's of pool finishes. The only question was how to add more shimmer. Because based on what we had seen, StoneScapes Mini Pebble didn't seem to have any at all. I had read different reviews about Abalone Shell from not being smooth to becoming dislodged. Our plaster guy didn't recommend using it. That left us with the Touch of Glass decision. You buy what StoneScapes calls a "recipe". There is 1, 2, or 3 bag recipes. We threw around the idea of adding 1 bag in which our contractor told us would cost $800. If we were going to spend that much extra, we wanted to know cost of adding 2 bags. Plus, we found a comparison picture online of the 3 different "recipes" and one bag didn't seem to add much at all. Our contractor told us about $1000 for 2 bags. After he spoke to his actual plaster guy, he then said it cost a few hundred more. But he would eat the extra cost. We bit the bullet and decided to go with the 2 bag recipe. The plastering was just done yesterday, so I only have a picture of the sun shelf. Will post more later when everything is up and running.

Attachments

• IMG_7788.jpg
    IMG_7788.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 627
Welcome to TFP.

Let us know how it looks after water and chemicals are in and the plaster has some time to cure.

Last edited:
Here is a picture as it was filling up and 6 days later with an overcast sky. It didn't look pretty for about 2 days. The water was cloudy and had a yellow tinge. Once the water settled after adding a couple of Chlorine tablets, running the pump continuously, and a few brushes we really started being able to see our color.

Attachments

• IMG_7789.jpg
    IMG_7789.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_7882.jpg
    IMG_7882.jpg
    631.7 KB · Views: 695
When picking the finish for our pool we had a hard time finding a lot good online reviews, pictures and videos of StoneScapes Mini Pebble - Aqua White. We knew from the beginning we wanted Aqua White. But only based on what we saw from the the brochure and manufacture website. We were looking for something not too green and not too blue, leaning more toward the blue side. Something not too light and not too dark, leaning more toward the medium side. I guess you can say the Goldilock's of pool finishes. The only question was how to add more shimmer. Because based on what we had seen, StoneScapes Mini Pebble didn't seem to have any at all. I had read different reviews about Abalone Shell from not being smooth to becoming dislodged. Our plaster guy didn't recommend using it. That left us with the Touch of Glass decision. You buy what StoneScapes calls a "recipe". There is 1, 2, or 3 bag recipes. We threw around the idea of adding 1 bag in which our contractor told us would cost $800. If we were going to spend that much extra, we wanted to know cost of adding 2 bags. Plus, we found a comparison picture online of the 3 different "recipes" and one bag didn't seem to add much at all. Our contractor told us about $1000 for 2 bags. After he spoke to his actual plaster guy, he then said it cost a few hundred more. But he would eat the extra cost. We bit the bullet and decided to go with the 2 bag recipe. The plastering was just done yesterday, so I only have a picture of the sun shelf. Will post more later when everything is up and running.
Thanks for Sharing! Looks great. Does the Aqua White 2 Touch of Glass come in the mini pebble? Do you have pictures of your pool water color?

Hello RJP. Love the Aqua white 2 or 3?. Did you end up going with the puerto rican blend with touch of glass? What is that white cloud around the umbrella sleeve?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do any of you who got the touch of glass feel that it changed the texture of your finish? If so, would you say your finish is more smooth? I really want the mini pebble, but would prefer if it was smoother and I don’t think JewelScapes is in my budget. I don’t like the look of PolishedScapes or QuartzScapes as much as the PebbleScapes or the JewelScapes and I’m going to have to decide in the next week or two.
I’m going to have my PB quote out a couple of options since his quoted price was for regular plaster and I definitely don’t want that.

I have Stonescapes Aqua Cool mini pebble, and love it. I would have added the blue glass bead if it were in my budget. The plaster itself came out great. I was worried about the mini pebble being rough, but it's great. I really like the texture. The issue is that I have read with adding glass beads is that they can come lose over time and can be a problem, especially getting in your pump.

Reactions: ngtbl1
I have Stonescapes Aqua Cool mini pebble, and love it. I would have added the blue glass bead if it were in my budget. The plaster itself came out great. I was worried about the mini pebble being rough, but it's great. I really like the texture. The issue is that I have read with adding glass beads is that they can come lose over time and can be a problem, especially getting in your pump.

Thank you so much for responding. I did also read that from one other thread on JewelScapes or it may have been on Beadcrete. Either way they made mention of the possibility of the stones coming loose and affecting your pumps. I have also ready some great thing on both products and from the feel of the sample I can imagine that it does feel pretty good on the feet. I love the look of the stone, but my feet are so sensitive that I'm afraid to get it a little bit. I wish there was more information from people like yourself who actually are using the product. It's such a difficult decision because the feel of the pool is so important.

Hi, we need to decide today on a pool color. We narrowed it down to Aqua Blue or Aqua White Touch of Glass (thinking 2 bags). We saw your picture and it looks nice. Now that you have had the pool for over a year are you still happy with the color selection ? Do you have any picture of the pool in the sun which you might be able to post ? I appreciate any help you can provide with this difficult decision. Thank you very much

Can you show picture please

Reactions: jjbradley
hey what size pool for the 2 bag PR Blend? we are gathering our notes and about to make an order. and would you have gone with more PR beads? thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.