Still shock pool occasionally if numbers always look good?

NJSwimmom

May 4, 2020
New Jersey
I have an Intex 12 x 24 rectangular pool up and running for over a month now and the water has been crystal clear, numbers have consistently looked good. I’ve been following the Pool Math app religiously and using 12.5% liquid chlorine daily and keeping up with granular CYA. Vacuum and brush regularly, backwash weekly, no signs of algae. No signs of overnight chlorine loss. Is there any reason that I should be shocking the pool on a weekly basis? We don’t have a heavy bather load. Only one or two people use the pool. Here are my numbers:
FC 4.0
CC 0
pH 7.6
TA 80
CA 60
CYA 50

I’m wondering why pool math is recommending that amount of liquid chlorine for me and not having me bump it up higher.

The robots are not that smart yet. PoolMath is happy if you are anywhere in the range. You have to set your FC target for the robot to be smart.

Reactions: NJSwimmom
Since you are seeing your FC drop to the minimum I would up your FC target to 8 so when you test you should see a FC of 6 and have a bit of buffer until the minimum. This says your pool is using about 2 ppm of FC a day.

Reactions: NJSwimmom

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.