Still Learning

Numbers look good.
The CYA chart says for a CYA of 40 , FC target is 5-7 with a minimum of 3. So as long as you don’t expect the FC to drop below 3 at some point before your next dose, you can wait. If you think you are using more than 2 ppm per day then raise the FC a little bit. Yesterday to today looks like a 2.5ppm drop assuming you didn’t add anything after you posted your numbers. It’s a little too early to get a good feel for daily usage but maybe bring FC back to 7 again and see what happens.
Just coming off the SLAM, I’d be a little hesitant to ride the minimum

How did your CYA jump up to 140? Is that a typo? I'm guessing it is since you no longer use solid forms of chlorine right? If so, get some liquid chlorine in there ASAP.

For future reference, any time you anticipate having a lot of swimmers over, it's always wise to bump up your FC 4 to 5 PPM above normal in anticipation to what they will do to your pool's chemistry. In addition, check your FC after they leave as well to be sure that you're still in good range.

If it was me, I'd probably bring it up to around 12 PPM and perform a OCLT to make sure that nothing is growing in the water. I'd bet you're probably fine though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
After 2 days of rain and possibly a 3rd, here are my numbers

FC 6.5
PH 7.4
TA 130
CH 130
CYA 40

Water is crystal clear, bottom is a little dirty from the wind blown dirt and leaves.

I dare say you're now in maintenance mode for your pool. You know your target FC based on your CYA of 40. Keep testing your water regularly. I watch FC and PH more closely than TA, CH and CYA but I do test those, just less frequently. Everybody's pool and fill water is different, for example I know my fill water in my locale is soft so my CH doesn't move much. After more time testing, you'll get a feel for how your pool consumes FC and how fast your PH rises (or falls).

Has your pH moved much since you finished your SLAM and let the FC drop into normal range? If not, I would leave your TA alone. If you find that it has been climbing consistently and you are adding more MA than you'd like, you might try lowering TA with the aeration method.

Ok here are my numbers after a 3rd day of raining and more coming today.

FC 6
PH 7.4
TA 120
CH 120
CYA 40

With my number the way the are, can someone tell me why when I woke up this morning and looked at my pool I have a green ring on the side of the pool about 3" up from the bottom.
Looks like I might be in SLAM mode again!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.