Still Getting High Salt/Amps Warning

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
Hello, I've read the whole thread about the Chlorinator Off High Salt/Amps message that appears on Hayward Aqua Logic controllers. I first discovered this thread a couple years ago, and was able to re-solder the K1 unit contact in place, and also replaced the fuse with a 15a as it was blown too. Has worked for last 2 years with no issues. I got the message again last week, so pulled the unit apart again and the fuse was blown again. Replaced the fuse and decided to re-solder the K1 again even though it looked fine from my first repair. Controller worked 2-3 days, but now it's giving me the same message and not producing chlorine. Wondering if it's time for replacement, or is there some other issue at work here? If I need to replace, is it just replacing that motherboard, or do I need to replace the whole controller unit with a newer version? Not sure what the current units are named. Would love a rough estimate of what it costs these days to have someone replace a salt controller. Thanks in advance.

Your Aqualogic uses the GLX-PCB-MAIN board.

has this note...

If your system has a "heater button" at the power center then you can use the GLX-PCB-PRO circuit board instead of replacing it with this one. Doing this will upgrade your system to a ProLogic from your existing AquaLogic. Heater button on the local display (mounted on Subpanel)

@JamesW can help you with diagnostics.

Your Aqualogic uses the GLX-PCB-MAIN board.

has this note...

If your system has a "heater button" at the power center then you can use the GLX-PCB-PRO circuit board instead of replacing it with this one. Doing this will upgrade your system to a ProLogic from your existing AquaLogic. Heater button on the local display (mounted on Subpanel)

@JamesW can help you with diagnostics.
Thanks, you mean like this? Both of my panels have a heater button. Is the Prologic system less prone to this error occurring? Any other advantages to updating to Prologic?

Attachments

• D3BB73C7-FF46-4536-9E73-FB2482EAE953.jpeg
    D3BB73C7-FF46-4536-9E73-FB2482EAE953.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: thomearl
Tried a bunch of different places and no one has the PCB-PRO board in stock. Wondering if there is some other fix I can try? When i opened it back up the fuse was not bad this time. I did find a PCB-MAIN board, but would love to fix temporarily and upgrade to the other board when available. And secondly wondering if anyone has experience with Salt Solutions Inc reparing motherboards?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.