Bronze Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I cut twice and measured none. Got my Stenner with 15 gal. tank today. Now I found out that I don't have enough space on the pad to mount it. I am thinking about using a stainless steel strap or just a regular strap which will be installed in the stucco and then wrapped around the tank. Does that sound like it will work? Any other recommendations/suggestions? Perhaps a supporting plate under the tank as well? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Wall.jpg
    Wall.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 221
If you're not going to have anything extending to the ground to support the weight, then you have to find the stud behind the stucco, and mount to that. Not easy to do, but possible.

Do you have access to the other side of that wall? Is it sheetrock? Then you can locate the stud on that side (stud finder, or the "poke a nail" method), and either measure from that to something you can reference on the other side (window, door frame, etc), or drill right through it, sheetrock, stud and right through the stucco, to mark the stud location where the drill bit comes out the other side (you need the right kind of bit for that). If you measure height when you drill that pilot hole, you can use that hole for the first lag bolt. Then use a level to trace the stud for the next hole. Squirt some caulk into each hole before you screw in the lag, to keep the water out.

Fun stuff...

A little more complicated install than I had hoped. I believe there is a brick behind the stucco according to the previous owner. I do like the idea of some kind of a platform. I will take more pics to show the area in question. Thanks.

A little more complicated install than I had hoped. I believe there is a brick behind the stucco according to the previous owner. I do like the idea of some kind of a platform. I will take more pics to show the area in question. Thanks.

Well, that takes the fun out of it!

Build a little table, feet on the ground, narrow enough to fit in the space available, table top wider to accommodate the vat, then use concrete anchors to attach to the wall. The feet will support the weight, the anchors will just stabilize it. A pressure-treated 2x4 or two would do it.

Or what about building a small paver pad off to the side of your existing pad?

Here is another view. The area is under a roof. A little wooden platform of soime kind with straps as you suggest would work nice. The boss would like esthetically pleasing structure. I will look on Amazon to see what's available. Still, feel free to suggest any other ideas.Stenner Tank.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Its probably too late to change, but, my unit came with a white tank. Shall I try to spray paint it black or wrap around a black vinyl liner or something? Leaving town in about a week. I feel like I need to hurry and finish the install.

OK, now that I see the whole pad... that is a jungle path to the wall there. No fun bushwhackin' through all that plumbing every time to get at the tank.

+1 for extending the pad, with concrete or pavers, and placing the unit to the left of the heater. It'll be safer there, and much easier to access, for sure. Can you extend the roof?

Why were you asking about blacking out the tank? Aesthetics? Or sunlight? Heat is bad for chlorine, so I wouldn't use black...

I agree with putting the tank on the left of the heater.
If you want to paint the tank, I'd use white instead of black. However my tank sits in the morning sun and it's translucent and I haven't noticed a severe degradation in strength during the time it takes me to use a tank full (15 gallons). Your pool is about the same volume as ours so your usage should be about the same.

If your tank is translucent, and you paint it, mask a 1" or 2" swath down the side so you'll still be able to see the chlorine level.

Excellent help from everyone and thanks. I am going to start today
1.Install two pavers 12x2 for the tank/pump
2. Install 240 volt outlet through the pool pump timer
3. Hook up the stenner assembly.
I will post some pics after the install.

What are the dimensions of the tank? My Liquidator is starting to give me trouble and I'm looking to replace it with a 15 gal Stenner system.

Are you going to use a simple weatherproof timer for the chlorine pump or something more elaborate?

The bottom of 15 gal tank is around 19.5 inches in diameter and 26 inches high. Here is a pic. I am going run a liquid tight flex conduit from intermatic timer that controls the pool pump ending in a weatherproof 250 volt receptacle (I saw this in a previous thread). I am going to set the tank on pavers away from the heater (as suggested by a member to me).Stenner Pic.jpgStenner Pic.jpg

I was wondering, if this is the right thread for me to add my step by step install for Stenner/w tank? I have learned a lot from previous posts and that is the only reason I want to do this. Do I post every step I take to install or wait until the install is complete. My selfish reason to post every step every time is that if there is a better way to install or if I am not code compliance, some members would point it out. If I post at the end of the install, it would be more work to fix those deficiencies.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.