Stenner stopped working a few days after replacing tube

JohnFoe

May 29, 2017
kokomo IN
I replaced the tube since the last tube was roughly 3 years old and not pumping fluid anymore (noticed via low chlorine).

It worked fine to start, but then I got home tested the water and it was at 3.5 chlorine levels which was odd since I expected higher

I started the pump and it wasn't spinning the rollers. I took it apart, reassembled and had a really hard time getting the rollers to re-expand when the tube was in there, when the tube wasn't they expanded fine. I got the tube in there with it expanded and it doesn't move the rollers.

Attached is a video. From reading some others like: expanding stenner pump rollers they mentioned a new roller assembly.

Not sure if anyone has experienced this or not, but before I throw money at parts maybe someone else has some advice.

Flying Tivo

TFP Guide
Jan 24, 2017
Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
You need new gear and roller assembly.
Or a new head

JohnFoe

May 29, 2017
kokomo IN
You need new gear and roller assembly.
Or a new head

Alright I thought it might be roller assembly. I probably stripped it or just normal wear and tear stripped it. I bought a new one so will give it a shot when it comes.

Reactions: Flying Tivo

JohnFoe

May 29, 2017
kokomo IN
Just an update for those with future issue. I replaced the roller assembly today. Before replacing the inside of the old one was basically rounded to a perfect circle, but the new one had the D indentation so it would get better grip on the D shaft.

New one worked perfectly like new. Running it now for 30 mins to loosen up the tube some while pumping some chlorine to test it, but all in all was a $30 fix.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread