Stenner Pump Run Time Set Up

I have a Stenner pump installed on my pool for liquid chlorine. It is set up to run 6 minutes every two hours 5 times a day starting at 10am. It seems to work well at keeping my chlorine levels on target but I have had to adjust the run times on occasion. I wonder if I am losing chlorine to the sun by having it run during the day. Would it be better to run it for 30 minutes in the morning or evening when the sun is not directly overhead? Does it matter?

Welcome to the forum!
Does not matter much when you add the chlorine. As long as your CYA level is in the recommended range, and you keep your FC at the appropriate level based on your CYA, you are good.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

The first thing you need to know is how much chlorine is dispensed in one minute and what %. Pool typically lose 3-4ppm daily. 30 minutes of additions seams high to me but maybe you are using 6% or diluted.

The first thing you need to know is how much chlorine is dispensed in one minute and what %. Pool typically lose 3-4ppm daily. 30 minutes of additions seams high to me but maybe you are using 6% or diluted.
Thanks for the reply. Stenner pumps come with different tubes that control flow rate. The specs on mine states 10 gallons per day (.89 ounces per minute) so for a 30 minute run time I am adding about 27 ounces of 12% chlorine per day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.