Hwmeador

May 8, 2022
Ft worth, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Today was go live day on my Stenner pump and tank. Everything is installed and running.

As Phase 1 I am just running a wifi timer to turn on and off the pump. Phase 2 I’ll wire in 110 to the aqua link relay and control from there. This gets me going for now.

Since I was theoretical opening the pool today I ran a full check:

FC:3ppm
pH: 7.8
CYA: 50
TA: 70
CH: 450

I went ahead and manually added chlorine to get to my target of 5. Tomorrow and the next few days I’ll recheck after it has pumped in chlorine to see if I am running it long enough to maintain. If not I’ll bump up the run times.

85FB75C6-F3CA-485F-9496-B2E5E6EBEA00.jpeg

Today was go live day on my Stenner pump and tank. Everything is installed and running.

As Phase 1 I am just running a wifi timer to turn on and off the pump. Phase 2 I’ll wire in 110 to the aqua link relay and control from there. This gets me going for now.

Since I was theoretical opening the pool today I ran a full check:

FC:3ppm
pH: 7.8
CYA: 50
TA: 70
CH: 450

I went ahead and manually added chlorine to get to my target of 5. Tomorrow and the next few days I’ll recheck after it has pumped in chlorine to see if I am running it long enough to maintain. If not I’ll bump up the run times.

View attachment 485182
Looks great. I would run my FC on the high side of the target range until you get the pump tuned in. No sense letting your FC slip below minimum. Like that you dug a hole for tank as that will help keep it somewhat cool. Are you able to put any type of cover, shade or even a umbrella over the tank to reduce direct exposure to the sun?
I would keep the CYA at 50 for the possibility of having to use pucks if you go away however if the injection system is working well then you won’t need to use pucks at all.

Day 2 Update:

FC: 6 ppm
pH: 7.5

I have calculated that I am injecting 1 ppm daily at the current run time. I can turn up the times as the heat continues to rise and we get more sun. I am hoping my injection rate just matches the depletion rate and I can hold steady in the correct range.

Reactions: Newdude
Day 2 Update:

FC: 6 ppm
pH: 7.5

I have calculated that I am injecting 1 ppm daily at the current run time. I can turn up the times as the heat continues to rise and we get more sun. I am hoping my injection rate just matches the depletion rate and I can hold steady in the correct range.
That is hard to get a direct match, which is why we tend to recommend that you keep your FC on the high side of the target range. Some refer to it as running ”hot”. So on days when it is extra hot or more than normal bather load, you have enough range that your FC does not drop below minimum.

Day 3 Update:

FC: 5 ppm
pH: 7.6

Time to turn up the pump time slightly. Not out of spec or low. It could be that I checked it later in the day today so my pool has had time to lose some chlorine after the injection adding time. I upped the injection to put in 1.5ppm, data collection continues.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.