Stenner diy tubing


TFP Guide
May 10, 2017
Hays, Kansas
I got me a used stenner with no tubing, what kind of tubing will work, home Depot looks to have pe tubing. Air brake line is often used for chemical line I was thinking of using that as well.


Vegas Mike

Mar 30, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Do you mean the tubing inside the Stenner head, that gets compressed by the rollers? That stuff is special, a highly flexible and chemically inert material. The "official" stuff is called Santoprene, a type of silicone I think, and is sized to match the head, and includes compression fittings. Diameter too small and the rollers will pull it through, too large and may overheat the motor. The other tubing attached on both ends of the Santoprene by the compression fittings can be the quarter-inch black polypropylene that is UV resistant.

Be careful -- tubing not designed for a peristaltic pump will quickly fail and you'll get your chemical running out.