Starting the Backyard Oasis

kechefs

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2010
We purchased our house last November and it came with a pool! Having never owned a pool in my life Spring and early Summer were quite interesting as I took a crash course in the art of owning a pool. Thanks to these forums and the great people who are members here I was able to get the pool in pretty good shape now comes the building of the oasis.

My wife and I work alot so it will be slow but we hope to get a few projects done every summer. I plan to post as we go to share our oasis with you guys and girls.

Attachments

Melt In The Sun

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Looks great! The deep middle is really cool. Lots of space for landscaping too.

Do you have an in-floor cleaning system? Not too many of those in vinyl pools.

kechefs

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2010
Thanks, It has a Paramount system that seems to work really well although it collects debris in the corners and near the main drain. I am working on the plan for the landscaping now and we will do a little at a time as money and time permit. There was no fence when we moved in so that was the first thing we did. I also replaced the cartridges which were quite expensive so the patio will not get done until next year. I think I am going to add a rock fountain next, I will add pictures as work progresses.

Shores

Oct 1, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Great looking oasis kecchefs (read that at first as 'kcchiefs', oops) :lol:

Is that a fire pit between the pool and the house? :cool:

Have fun with everything you do to make it the oasis you desire!

Suziqzer

TFP Expert
Sep 21, 2009
Greentown, IN
Looks like you have done a nice job! Showed hubby the deep middle pool you have, we've never seen one before. Might make for some interesting volleyball :)

joshs2000ss

Nov 10, 2010
South Central Kentucky
I also have a pool like yours, deep "end" is in the middle. We've really enjoyed it so far (this is our first year). I'm about to purchase a volleyball net and I think this setup will be perfect for volleyball in the pool.

Your pool looks great by the way. I like the liner design.

kechefs

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2010
It is red meranti pre sealed from Boston Cedar. Sorry for the delay just saw your post.

Thread starter Other Threads of Interest Forum Replies Date
hobberton Above Ground Pools 3
S Testing and Balancing Your Water 1
Kimvee Just Getting Started 7

Other Threads of Interest