Start AA treatment now or wait?


Active member
Feb 7, 2018
Goose Creek, SC
Planning to start AA stain removal today, but I just realized I don't have any Jack's Purple Stuff on hand. I ordered a few bottles, but they won't be delivered for 2 days. After calling around, it doesn't look like any local shops have any on hand....only BioGuard Pool Magnet plus.

My FC is practically non-existent now and pH is 7.0. Added polyquat yesterday. Am I OK to add the AA now or should I wait closer to when the sequestrant will be here? I don't want to risk developing algae, but I also don't want to waste AA now if the iron is likely to come back out of solution in the next 2 days. Alternatively, should I start with the BioGuard product, then continue with purple stuff when it arrives? Thoughts?