StaRite Max-E-Therm SR200NA - E01 Code (not thermistor)

Sep 22, 2016
Tampa, FL
Hi all - At wits end here... have googled a bunch and am hoping for a new idea.

SR200NA throwing an E01 code on startup. Powers up, runs through the start up cycle, the spa light comes on for .0001 seconds, then an audible "click" and the E01 code appears.

Opened it up, cleaned out the mouse nest inside, no wires appear to be damaged. Everything I read says the Thermistor is the culprit, so installed a new Pentair 42001-0053S but am still seeing the same issue.

Any ideas for what to look at next?

Usually the thermistor, wiring or control board.

If you have verified the wiring, then that leaves the control board.

What LEDs are coming on on the back of the circuit board?

Mouse urine may have damaged the control board.

You may want to try connecting a 10K resistor in place of the thermistor. The 10K should read 77 degrees. If it still does not work then it is the board or the wiring.

Mouse urine may have damaged the control board.

You may want to try connecting a 10K resistor in place of the thermistor. The 10K should read 77 degrees. If it still does not work then it is the board or the wiring.

I'll check the LEDs when I get home this evening and will follow back up.

Soooo... how does one go about connecting the resistor in place of the thermistor? Have to say I'm fairly ignorant on that side... any resources to point to?

The wires connect to the thermistor with push on 1/4" female spade terminals.

You just pull off the terminals and connect them through the resistor.

You should be able to just stick the ends of the resistor wire into the female terminals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.