Mjpabst12

Apr 30, 2021
Springboro, oh
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
PXL_20210519_113637241.jpgNew pool owner here and first post. Thankful I found TFP. Leaves and algae were left in pool over winter and left a mess after opening, but a couple week SLAM was all it needed. However I have these remaining stains on the liner (and the steps are stained brown). Is this easy to assume it is metal? Or could the leaves stain? If metal, what are your suggestions to treat? I've heard vitamin c tabs, but how do you do that when in the deep end and in a lot of areas in the pool? An old bottle of metal out came with house, so I assume it was used before.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: On you on a well? If not, let's hope that rules out iron. Since you had junk sitting on the pool floor, let's focus on organic staining first. Try rubbing a chlorine tab/puck on the stained area. Don't let it sit in one spot too long or you might cause a white circle, so keep it moving a little. If that works, it's organic and you'll need to maintain a slightly elevated FC level coupled with consistent brushing over an extended period of time to get them to lift. Let us know.

Reactions: Mjpabst12
Welcome to TFP! :wave: On you on a well? If not, let's hope that rules out iron. Since you had junk sitting on the pool floor, let's focus on organic staining first. Try rubbing a chlorine tab/puck on the stained area. Don't let it sit in one spot too long or you might cause a white circle, so keep it moving a little. If that works, it's organic and you'll need to maintain a slightly elevated FC level coupled with consistent brushing over an extended period of time to get them to lift. Let us know.
Thanks! Not on a well. I will try the puck this evening and let you know.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.