Ashland Ma
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Did AA treatment 10 days ago. All was going perfectly until today. We got about 2 inches of rain and my beautiful clear blue pool is now cloudy. In the past I have jumped to adding anything I can to clear it up but no more! TFP has helped me learn and get out of the pool store. I did the AA treatment as outlined and have been adding 8.25% bleach just enough to raise fc by 1 ppm and following pool math app. This morning I was at .5 fc and I added the recommended amount to bring it to 1.5 after the rain I am only at .5 and am cloudy. I’m afraid my metal stains will come back. Not sure if I need more algaecide or metal sequesterant. My test results from my tf 100 kit are as follows:
Fc .5
Cc 0
Ph 7.5
TA 110
CH 275
CYA 40
Added polyquat 60 as recommended the day before the AA treatment 10 days ago, 4.4 pounds AA and added 2 quarts of Pool Mate Metal Out the day after the AA as recommended and have only been adding bleach as recommended from pool math for the last 8 days. My ph has risen slightly to 7.5 from 7.2 when I started the treatment, but my TA has come down. Please help before I start dosing the pool with stuff it doesn’t need
Thank you in advance!!!!

My concern is that since 10 days have passed since the AA, your FC was left too low for too long, hence the cloudiness. I know it's tough to increase FC when you fear the staining, but if algae sets-in, all bets are off and it's back to another SLAM. With a CYA of 40, I would start increasing the FC to at least 4-5. By now it should never be below 3. As the FC increases, watch for stains. If they start to appear, you can add some sequestrant. I simply hoping that the cloudiness may resolve itself with some chlorine if you caught it in time. You can do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test this evening if you wish to see what type of FC demand you are experiencing at night. Just trying to keep you out of SLAM territory if possible so you don't lose all that AA progress.

Reactions: markayash
My OCLT showed a loss of 1 overnight. Still blue but still cloudy. Will add more bleach to try to maintain 4-5 ppm and will watch for staining. Grrrrrr this is so frustrating!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.