Tampa
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hi there my name is Paul new to the form been testing my own pool water now for four weeks with the pro salt test kitMy pools been perfect for four weeks have not had to add any chemicalsAmazed how simple and easy it has been once you get past the intimidating factor was getting ripped off by Pinc Penny and pool guy live in Florida have great weather do not have any trees around my pool no leaves Had my pool re-plastered a year ago bright blue slowly getting 12 inches in size stains light medium was putting in A stain remover from Pinc Penny did not seem to work any suggestions on how to treat it or prevent it

Attachments

• 6CAC4059-1E8C-44F5-878C-3D6C79D9B18C.jpeg
    6CAC4059-1E8C-44F5-878C-3D6C79D9B18C.jpeg
    374.7 KB · Views: 12
  • FAF4BD0C-5CA7-4679-ACEC-6A2334262B89.jpeg
    FAF4BD0C-5CA7-4679-ACEC-6A2334262B89.jpeg
    256.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 4C6A2F80-7E1B-49FB-A25A-26DAA22A68EA.jpeg
    4C6A2F80-7E1B-49FB-A25A-26DAA22A68EA.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 11
Hello Paul and welcome to TFP! :wave: Hard to know for sure if that stain remover from your local store was worth it. I would first try some standard Vitamin C tablets. If the water isn't too cold, you can get in there and rub a tablet or two directly on the stain. If you can't go in the water, place a few tablets in a thin sock or nylon, crush them up a bit, then tie them to the end of a pole and hold against the stain. Let's see if you notice any changes that way first.

Hello Paul and welcome to TFP! :wave: Hard to know for sure if that stain remover from your local store was worth it. I would first try some standard Vitamin C tablets. If the water isn't too cold, you can get in there and rub a tablet or two directly on the stain. If you can't go in the water, place a few tablets in a thin sock or nylon, crush them up a bit, then tie them to the end of a pole and hold against the stain. Let's see if you notice any changes that way first.
WELCOME to TFP!! :swim:

Excellent advice by @Texas Splash! This will help us figure out if they are iron stains, copper stains or organic stains. Vitamin C works wonders on iron stains (without making the situation worse) and is great first advice for determining stains. If it makes the stains worse, they are maybe copper stains, which we can help you with...

What is your pool water source?
Do you have a list of the pool chemicals you are using (what did you add before?)?

We used city of Tampa water proximately 17 months ago haven’t had to put any chemicals in the pool for five weeks was paying a gentleman to service my pool since last June 2022. not sure what chemicals he was using started seeing the stains before he service my pool. I will try the vitamin C tablets first thank you .was told by the company that plaster the pool that overtime the whole pool surface would eventually get darker is this part of that process have you ever heard of that?

Reactions: PoolStored
Thank you For the advice I will try that

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.