Courtice, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My PH really hasn't moved all summer.. then all of a sudden it seems to really want to move up..
Moved slowly toward 7.9 .. I added acid and 7 days it went from 7.5 back to 7.9.
Tomorrow or Saturday, I'll add acid again..
Yesterday TA was 70 ( It was 80 for most of the summer until I added acid mentioned above )
I keep FC between 4 and 6
CH 110
I think pool logs are in signature if you want to look more
We aren't swimming more then we were ( if anything ..maybe less ) - Water feature is definitely running less than a month ago )
My question.. what would trigger this steady increase in PH compared to before.. when aeration is less than before...?

EDIT: sorry not sure how to share logs... link doesn't seem to work

Last edited:
Have you had to add fill water? Or do you have an auto-fill? Sometimes fill water with high TA can cause your pH to increase outside of its normal cycle.
Have you tested your fill water?

To share your Pool Math logs - on the app - go to the GEAR settings and scroll down to where it says Sharing - then click the button ON to "Link from TroubleFreePool.com user profile"

I use that same stuff nor a non-pool purpose and I write on every bottle in black marker "NOT FOR POOL" as soon as it comes in the house

Have you had to add fill water? Or do you have an auto-fill? Sometimes fill water with high TA can cause your pH to increase outside of its normal cycle.
Have you tested your fill water?

To share your Pool Math logs - on the app - go to the GEAR settings and scroll down to where it says Sharing - then click the button ON to "Link from TroubleFreePool.com user profile"
I did reply to this.. but I've just come back to see of anyone added anything.. and noticed...I didn't successfully reply...

No fill water was added.
I don't have an auto filler.
My logs are shared.. I guess if you look at my profile, there should be as link.
I had to add another 17.5 oz. of acid yesterday.. just keeps creaping up.

It's not currently running at all, I couldn't run salt as I hadn't received my intellicenter panel (with the needed transformer) I have only been added 10.3 liquid chlorine as needed.
On a good note.. I now have the panel and hope to have it installed before I close the pool for winter :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.