Sta-Rite Great White

sredish

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2007
North of Dallas
Been looking for a 'companion' to my Phantom. I know many here do not like the Phantom but it works pretty well for me actually and the skim is a big big plus. It does leave just a bit in the corners sometimes. In the past, I've started threads about ThePoolCleaner and stuff so I apologize for continuing this all...

I'm keeping the Phantom but, I want something small that I can throw in off the skimmer and have it do a scrub before a party or for weekend maintenance. I don't want just a wheeled vacuum, I'd rather have something with a brush that scrubs a little bit. Thats what attracts me to the Great White. The PoolCleaner doesn't have brushes does it, what else would be out there for $500 or less.

Thanks.

The Great White cleaner is what I have on my pool and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread....for my pool. I cannot recommend enough the need to use an in-line leaf trap with any suction side cleaners, as it will trap 90% of the debris in the leaf trap, rather than in your pump basket or filter.

I have an outdoor, unscreened pool, with alot of leaves and debris landing in the pool and the floors (and walls) remain very clean. I have never needed to brush my pool. Occasionally, I have to use a leaf net to skim floating leaves and debris that haven't sunk to the bottom for the clear to pick up.

It's an excellent choice.

thanks sean. so, get a skimmer plate for the hose and get an inline leaf canister.

i have 2 skimmers. should i close the other one while it's vacuuming?

lastly, how long is your pool and do you think length will affect its effectiveness?

got it today and it's in the pool now. i tried the little vacuum gauge it came with and it was a little above the 'maximum' mark with the other skimmer open. it gets almost to the surface and loses suction and falls back. i'm not using the regulator either as it won't fit any of the current connections. i was thinking of closing the one skimmer like 1/4 to increase the flow through the vac and see if it climbs better.

let me ask you this,

more suction = faster movement or slower movement?

is more suction better? is the suction ideal if it climbs just to the surface or what? it definitely moves slow tho.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.