Sta-Brite, Sunbrite pool light assembly

4mattd

Aug 19, 2014
Sacramento, Ca
Hello, I'm having a hard time trying to re-assemble my pool light after i replaced the bulb.
I have a Sta-brite Sunbrite 05502 fixture. i removed the fixture from the pool and replaced the bulb.
I then got called out of town for 6 weeks on the job. I feel silly about this but i can't remember the correct way to re-assembly it.
Ive tried......It just doesnt seem to fit right no matter how i do it, and I'm afraid if i assemble it wrong water will leak it.
Does anyone know if the gasket (i bought a new one) goes on first over the face plate and lens?
Then does the fixture just sit on the gasket or under it?
Everything i found on the internet seems to show the parts of the fixture, but the directions for re-assemble are not complete.
ive learned a lot roaming the forums.....Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 52
Bob
Thanks for the reply.
I have found the doc. you posted on the internet and have read it several times in trying to re-assemble the light.
it states: "To reassemble the lens assembly to the lamp housing, reverse the disassembly process".
Which doesn't help me as i can't seem to remember the exact steps i used to take it apart.
The problem is no matter how i assemble it the outer ring will not close-in. there is too big of a gap to close and tighten the screw which keeps it air-tight.
I must be missing something in the process......Thx

It is extremely difficult, but doable. I have one of these and when my bulb dies I hate it. First of all, the lousy cord is about 2 feet too short so I can't rest it comfortably on the deck. But aside with that, this is what I do.
1. Put the gasket on the lens.
2. Put the lens in the can
3. Put the face ring over both and tape it down with electrical tape. Go across the lens and down the side, stretching the tape. I use 2 pieces of tape, and make a figure X. Then slide the clamp under the electrical tape all the way around until it is in place.
4. Make final adjustments to the seating of the lens and face ring.
5. Open the clamp screw almost to the end and then pull the two ends of the clamp so the head of the screw seats into place. Then screw it down, first with an electric screwdriver and then finish it by hand.
6. Remove the tape.

It is a monster to do. Its easier with one person than 2 believe it or not because there are 4 hands and arms all over the place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.