ST1102 pump hum - time to replace?

Hi all,
New guy here.
I just replaced the capacitor and fired up our pump but still get the same hum. Is it time for a new pump?

Here is a short video: St1102 pump hum - YouTube

pump.jpgIMG_1935_.jpg

If I have to purchase a new pump will I need to buy the piece that the 4 mounts from the pump attach to, or can I re-use this piece? Is this some sort of adapter?
I'm not quite sure how the pump is attached now without bolts being in there.

Thanks for any assistance.

I'm not 100% positive and farrrrrrrr from an expert on here, but I just removed my motor from my pump this week and from the looks of yours...you won't be able to remove your seal plate (larger black plate with the other bolts) from your motor d/t all the corrosion on the bolts. I would try to remove the 4 outer bolts on the seal plate and see if you can get everything pulled out at once. You might be able to get by with just a new motor, seal plate, and possibly a new diffuser and impeller depending on what they look like once the unit is pulled. At this point, it may be worth looking into replacing the whole pump with a new one.

I'm not 100% positive and farrrrrrrr from an expert on here, but I just removed my motor from my pump this week and from the looks of yours...you won't be able to remove your seal plate (larger black plate with the other bolts) from your motor d/t all the corrosion on the bolts. I would try to remove the 4 outer bolts on the seal plate and see if you can get everything pulled out at once. You might be able to get by with just a new motor, seal plate, and possibly a new diffuser and impeller depending on what they look like once the unit is pulled. At this point, it may be worth looking into replacing the whole pump with a new one.

I don't doubt it. This is a family members pump and I'm not sure about the age of the pump or for that matter, what I'm doing! Just trying to save some bucks.

Are there "de facto" diagrams out there that tell exactly which parts I would need? I'm searching on Google Images now, and its all different models when I search with "st1102 diagram".
Thank you

Can you show the back of the motor with the cover off?

Note that this is a C-face motor and not a square flange motor like the Whisperflo.

The C-face has a motor mounting plate with the bolts on the inside.

I suspect that the motor is seized. I would remove the four bolts and pull the motor assembly back so that you can try spinning the impeller. Spin clockwise looking at the impeller. Make sure that the motor is off. Note the part number on the impeller.

Sounds to me like your motor is seized up.
I'd open it up an see if you can get it to spin with your hand. Spray a bunch of wd40 or liquid wrench on those bolts before you do it to clean it up and hopefully loosen some corrosion. There are other products out there too. Those bolts have seen better days.

For a new motor you need a 56j frame. Look on the nameplate of the motor it says fr that's the frame. It indicates the correct bolt pattern of the motor. It also has the voltage and everything else you need. If you can get it off, you can take it to a shop and they can remove the impeller from the shaft. Most of the time those are pressed on, some have a set screw.

Good times. Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.