SRSmith Truetread diving board

Aug 23, 2016
Central, NJ
Does anybody have any experience with the Truetread diving boards?

Is the surface some type of rubber or hard plastic?
Does it have more grip than a traditional diving board?

Here is a link...
http://srsmith.com/en-us/products/diving-boards/truetread-diving-boards/

Builder is recommending a traditional diving board, and he admits he doesn't have experience with this one. I have tried searching and haven't found any opinions for or against. I literally can't find any comments either.

I'm trying to find a board that can help reduce slips and potential accidents. Would appreciate if someone could chime in if they have any info.

That is a brand new option. Not sure you will find any reviews as it just introduced at the beginning of the year

Ah..that makes sense. I wonder if new items in pool tech are typically better, or usually just hype?

I don't mind being an early adopter, but the story has to be good. Right now SR Smith doesn't outright say that it has more grip or safer or anything along those lines. I emailed them asking for more details on the pad, or whatever they put on it.

It can't possibly have more grip than my four year old SR Smith board. It's got so much grit on it you'd think it was a beach. And if you happened to fall on the edge, you'd give yourself a nasty board rash.

I just read the product details. It's not that it has more grip (impossible) it's that it feels better on your feet. The standard rough sandpaper could be hard on sensitive or water softened feet. It is hot also (ours is gray) which the newer board may help with.

It can't possibly have more grip than my four year old SR Smith board. It's got so much grit on it you'd think it was a beach. And if you happened to fall on the edge, you'd give yourself a nasty board rash.

I just read the product details. It's not that it has more grip (impossible) it's that it feels better on your feet. The standard rough sandpaper could be hard on sensitive or water softened feet. It is hot also (ours is gray) which the newer board may help with.

I was having trouble getting any context out of their statement as I'm interpreting blind. What you state makes sense.

BTW...builder is putting an Interfab diving board. Is there really any difference between the brands?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.