Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I’ve got a service rep coming out tomorrow to look at my pump. It squeals for about 3 seconds upon starting up and shutting down. Also squeals constantly at low, 1000 ish rpms. Showed the rep a video and he thinks it’s a bearing or rod? Said he may have to replace the motor.
Since this new pump is less than 30 days old and it’s been squealing since day one, should I demand an entire new pump or just go with a new motor?

How has yalls experience been with jandy pumps?

Service rep told me that the squeals when pump start up and shuts off is normal. Also, the constant squeal at low rpms is normal. Very very interesting

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Builders came by today to put some chems in the pool. Apparently the regional rep from Zodiac called them about my email. They told me the rep wanted to make sure "they were not getting taken" in reference to my pump. When the builder asked for clarification, the rep said that based on my serial number, the pump was built in 2014!
My builder explained that the pool is only one month old. So apparently the builders distributor was holding onto a pump all these years or Zodiac was holding it and shipped it to the distributor.
When the builder came here, I saw that the pump was sealed in a box with all paper work, foam etc etc. Didn't appear anything was funny.

The builder said I am getting a brand new pump and apologized for this mishap. I could tell they were embarrassed about the situation, but it is going to be corrected!

Reactions: borjis
Builders came by today to put some chems in the pool. Apparently the regional rep from Zodiac called them about my email. They told me the rep wanted to make sure "they were not getting taken" in reference to my pump. When the builder asked for clarification, the rep said that based on my serial number, the pump was built in 2014!
My builder explained that the pool is only one month old. So apparently the builders distributor was holding onto a pump all these years or Zodiac was holding it and shipped it to the distributor.
When the builder came here, I saw that the pump was sealed in a box with all paper work, foam etc etc. Didn't appear anything was funny.

The builder said I am getting a brand new pump and apologized for this mishap. I could tell they were embarrassed about the situation, but it is going to be corrected!
Well done.. so the moral of the story is, you have to squeal louder than the squealing pump

Reactions: Frank in FL
I have the same pump, and mine is very quite. Even when it goes to full RPMs, you hear it ramp up but no squealing. The pump runs 24/7 at 1200 rmps, then 3x a day goes to 2700 rpms for my cleaning mode. At 1200 rpms it runs at 80w.
Hopefully I’ll get the same quietness. Did you happen to watch the videos I posted?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.