Squealing pump

Frank in FL

Jul 3, 2019
Florida
I can’t get 80W at 1200

I have the same pump, and mine is very quite. Even when it goes to full RPMs, you hear it ramp up but no squealing. The pump runs 24/7 at 1200 rmps, then 3x a day goes to 2700 rpms for my cleaning mode. At 1200 rpms it runs at 80w.

Attachments

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
The watts partially depend on the flow rate and pressure.

At lower filter pressure, the flow rate is higher, which means that the power usage is higher.

For two different systems at the same RPM, the higher power usage usually means that you're getting more flow.

Edc1911

Mar 25, 2018
South Texas
Hopefully I’ll get the same quietness. Did you happen to watch the videos I posted?
I went out to test my pump. In the first video mine also make the same noise when turned on/off. The second video at 1000 rpm yours is louder but I feel the pump is working harder at 1000 rpm vs 1200 rpm.

Last edited:

Frank in FL

Jul 3, 2019
Florida
The watts partially depend on the flow rate and pressure.

At lower filter pressure, the flow rate is higher, which means that the power usage is higher.

For two different systems at the same RPM, the higher power usage usually means that you're getting more flow.
Makes sense. I’m at about 12 psi with a clean cartridge. Right now Pressure is around 14ish.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
I think that it's a new serial number style. I don't know how to figure the date with this style. I think that it is probably a brand new filter since it's a new style serial number.

I think that the squealing is probably the seal. I hope that it's not an indication of a switch to cheaper seals.

Frank in FL

Jul 3, 2019
Florida
I think that it's a new serial number style. I don't know how to figure the date with this style. I think that it is probably a brand new filter since it's a new style serial number.
Thanks. I’ll call zodiac Monday to confirm. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was old as well LOL