LifeTime Supporter
Apr 3, 2012
Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
What to do to keep everybody from getting splinters in their body parts? Do you cover the deck floor with some kind of mold-resistant outdoor carpeting? I do not want my family members or guest that will be using the pool to be required to wear shoes on deck. My deck is brand new just finished it this weekend.

Curious as to what wood you used for your decking? I just completed my new deck this past weekend and the only spots where there are any potential splinters are the nail holes. A quick/light (emphasizing light) sanding fixed them.

It would be a shame to cover up a brand new deck! Good luck!!

Curious as to what wood you used for your decking? I just completed my new deck this past weekend and the only spots where there are any potential splinters are the nail holes. A quick/light (emphasizing light) sanding fixed them.

It would be a shame to cover up a brand new deck! Good luck!!
I used #2 Prime Pressure Treated Lumber this is what the tag says. I designed the deck using Lowes design tool and this is what they give me. Like you said there is no places I can see the splitters except where I put the screws in but who knows they might be hiding somewhere ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.