Spillway surface tension question

PFT,

The bottom side of the spillway should have a slot that runs all the way across. About a 1/4" back from the front, about a 1/4 " deep and wide.

This slot is what keeps the water from wrapping around and running down your wall.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: proavia
Mike,

You can use a saw with a concrete blade or an angle grinder. Either way it works best if you can do it away from the pool and then install it.

If you can remove the piece you installed, that is what I would do. Otherwise, you'd have to hang upside down and try to cut a fairly straight slot, without falling into the pool. Something that surely would happen to me. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

there is another picture in another thread, I'm wondering if that would work as well

Attachments

• spillway.png
    spillway.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 8
What are you referring to

What pump is driving that spillway? If it’s a variable speed pump, the speed isn’t high enough.

How is water getting to the spa for the spillover, a single spa makeup return or through the spa jets?

Is the water being split between the pool returns and the spa return(s)?

If there isn’t sufficient flow rate of water over the spillover, then it just dribbles over the edge. If the water flows fast enough, it breaks the surface tension and creates a well-formed cascade.

oh ok thank you, yes it's a variable speed pump, and the jets are from the spa. it doesnt have a standalone pump.
Yes, when I have the flow rate higher, it functions how it's supposed to, but when it's lower it does that. it doesn't look very good, I will do as suggested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.