Spillover height

May 2, 2018
Miami, Fl
Not sure if this is the right area for this question; my apologies if it’s not.

I’m building a new pool with a spa that spills over into the pool. What is the “usual” height difference between the spa and the spillover? Meaning, how much of a dip is enough for the water to spillover correctly?

The spillover defines the water level of the spa and the spa water depth.

The length of the spillover between the top of the spa water and the top of the pool water varies with the design of the pool. It depends how raised the spa will be from the pool level.

I am not sure which dimension you are asking about when you ask about "the “usual” height difference between the spa and the spillover "?

There doesn't need to be any height difference between the spa and the pool. My integrated spa is level with the pool and spillover is minimal but constant, and the auto-cover covers the spa as well as the pool. It's all about your personal design preference and tolerance for aeration-induced pH rise.

Your signature mentions a heat pump, but no heater. I wonder whether a heat pump can get your spa hot enough.

I just asked this same question because we can't decide on spa height relative to waterline...
flush or negative spa dam.jpgwaterline tile and raised spa dam.jpgAesthetically we like both ways.
Logically I assume keeping the spa water in (and pool water out) is important, so raised spa dam is best (versus the flush)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.