Spill Over Spa Construction Question

Hello all,

I installed a polymer vinyl liner L shaped pool last year and ran the plumbing necessary to add a spill over spa on the inside corner of the L in the future.

I am at the point where I am about ready to proceed with the install of a 7' spill over spa.

When I built the pool, I backfilled behind the pool with crusher run however did not compact it and then installed a 3' wide concrete apron around the pool approx 4" thick.

My question is, can I use part of the concrete apron as part of the foundation and dig out the rest where the spa would fall on the grass and infill with crusher run and compact?

Is there any concern with the pressure from the spa on the pool walls? The edge of the spa would sit approx 12" from the inside edge of the pool wall.

Thanks in advance

Hi! What an interesting project. I THINK I know what you mean but a picture would be even better to really know what you are dealing with. If you could draw out where the spa will go that would be even better.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.