Bronze Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
Columbus, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Finally time to change the batteries on the Speedstir! I’ve been dreading this day lol. Going back to manually testing SUCKS! Anyways, I cannot find a screwdriver small enough to unscrew the bottom and change the batteries. WTH was Taylor thinking? Talk about making things as annoying as possible lol. Anyways, is there anything else I can use to open the back or the name of the specific screwdriver needed? I’m not very handy, obviously lol

You should be able to go to any hardware store and find a set of jeweler screwdrivers. You need a Phillips head #0 or #1. You could try buying an “eyeglass repair kit” kit from a supermarket as those typically have a #0 screwdriver in it.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
A pointy knife. But not one you value, because sometimes the tips snap off when they get twisted.

Have you no handy neighbors who might own a #0 phillips? Or one of those bit sets with every screwdriver tip known to exist? You can always go by a garage and ask a mechanic. They use those same teeny screws on some electronic keys. Or a jeweler.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
A pointy knife. But not one you value, because sometimes the tips snap off when they get twisted.

Have you no handy neighbors who might own a #0 phillips? Or one of those bit sets with every screwdriver tip known to exist? You can always go by a garage and ask a mechanic. They use those same teeny screws on some electronic keys. Or a jeweler.
I do not own any tools. I’ll ask the husband though. Why wouldn’t they include that with the speedstir? So dumb!! Anyways I’m trying the knife trick because I cannot handle stirring by hand any longer (it has only been 24 hours LOL!!) and I don’t know how I did it almost all last season. That little apparatus spoiled me big time.

I do not own any tools. I’ll ask the husband though. Why wouldn’t they include that with the speedstir? So dumb!! Anyways I’m trying the knife trick because I cannot handle stirring by hand any longer (it has only been 24 hours LOL!!) and I don’t know how I did it almost all last season. That little apparatus spoiled me big time.
Knife thing is not good .It will strip it to the point a screwdriver will not work.I never liked mine.More trouble than it's worth.

This will work also, might void the warranty :)

1591574457556.png

Knife thing is not good .It will strip it to the point a screwdriver will not work.I never liked mine.More trouble than it's worth.
Looks like I’ll be texting my neighbor Bob to see if he can let me borrow the proper screwdriver hahaha!! I am going to turn into a “Karen” and complain to Taylor about this buffoonery!! 🤣🤣

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.