Speck Motor Replacement Expensive

chaspools

Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 11, 2012
Hello all. I am attempting to replace the Century motor on a Speck ES90-II 1hp 48y frame pump . It is difficult to find and the ones I have found are very expensive. About $350 compared to the normal $170 for a 1hp replacement motor. Does anyone know where I can find one at a more reasonable price? Is there a substitute that can be used? Why is it so much more expensive? I spoke to a technician at Speck and he said that this price was about right. It is just hard to believe that there is such a big difference in price compared to other replacements. It looks to be shorter than other pumps and there is not a lot of room behind the pump to the wall so getting the diffuser, etc. on may be difficult if the motor is much longer. I am attaching pics. Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

• IMG_9433.jpg
    IMG_9433.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9434.jpg
    IMG_9434.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9435.jpg
    IMG_9435.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9437.jpg
    IMG_9437.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 24
That is odd.

A viable alternative would be to locate a motor rebuild shop in your area.

They could refurbish it, replace the bearings and have it back to you better than new.

And probably for less then $ 170

The frame says 48Y, which is usually a square flange. But this is a through bolt style where the motor is mounted to the seal plate with long screws from the back.

The screws go from the back of the motor, through the motor and into the seal plate.

So, you need a 1 hp thru-bolt style motor. But, not just any motor will work. Many thru-bolt motors come with a welded foot called a rigid base. You need one without the rigid base. You also need to make sure that the motor is outdoor compatible and you need to verify the voltage will match.

The motor is a Century motor part number 193004 made on May 03 2013 Friday.

The Century catalog lists the part number but it does not show the matching catalog number.

I would suggest that you contact Century with the part number 193004 and ask for the corresponding catalog number and a dealer that would stock the motor.

The catalog number might make a Google search easier.

https://www.centuryelectricmotor.com/PoolLanding.aspx

https://www.centuryelectricmotor.com/Applications/CrossReference.aspx

Here is the Century cross reference tool, but I couldn't get it to work. It just kept loading.

A local motor repair shop might have a suitable motor or be able to fix this one.

You can get the whole pump for about $320. So, I definitely wouldn't buy a motor for anywhere near that much.

Maybe contact Nidec (U.S Motors) to see if they have a compatible motor.

Pool Spa Motors

http://acim.nidec.com/motors/usmotors/-/media/usmotors/documents/catalogs/fl600/pool-55dia-thrubolt.ashx

This motor might work. It's part number AGL10FL1NB and it's 230 volts only if that's what you need.

Nidec Motor Corporation (formerly Emerson Motors) Thru Bolt Motor, 1hp, 1spd, Heat Transfer (agl10fl1nb, C55CXGBM3784, C55TRM3784) - INYOPools.com

This motor might work AGL10FL1H2.

Be careful to verify voltage and that the motor does not have the rigid base. The pictures are sometimes stock and not accurate. The voltage also seems to be different from the manufacturer list and seller description. There are also some left hand threaded motors. So, be careful to verify all specifications.

What voltage is the motor wired for?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.