Sparkle Quartz

CasaBlanca

Mar 23, 2019
Southern Utah
First time poster here, but I’ve learned a lot from all of the members, so thank you! I’ve got a 18 x 40 pool that will be ready for plaster in the next couple of weeks… Originally we signed a contract for Sparkle Quartz in Lakeside, with blue plaster. My pool builder just built a pool a couple doors down, again using the Spparkle Quartz, but with a white plaster… So it looks speckled. He says it’s one of his favorite finishes. I have two questions…
(1) I have read that the blue plaster runs a higher risk of being splotchy, and that the quartz aggregate will be more camouflaged, but it looks like those pools are also very deep blue and beautiful. My wife is convinced that a white plaster pool will eventually show rust and dirt more easily, and require more cleaning to look pristine. What do y’all think?
(2) Does anyone have a close-up of the Sparkle Quartz after the quartz? Is it very dramatic? I’ve seen samples, but it’s hard to tell.

Maybe a bonus question, is there anything I should be thinking about adding Now rather than later while the pool is still under construction? We will have a Pentair 5G color light in the pool, and one in the spa, as well as an automatic cover.

Thanks!

Attachments

• F4868E4E-D4DA-4287-B86A-90B2E26D56C6.jpeg
    F4868E4E-D4DA-4287-B86A-90B2E26D56C6.jpeg
    481.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 986D54C8-D6A2-4723-AE2D-F29E9A789916.jpeg
    986D54C8-D6A2-4723-AE2D-F29E9A789916.jpeg
    576.2 KB · Views: 14
It all depends on the skill of the plaster people. IF they are very skilled and do it the right way any plaster will look great from installation to many years down the road so long as you maintain proper water levels.

I am going to share a set of links I put together to help people get the best plaster job out there:
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.

I hope this helps!

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.