Spare Motor

May 26, 2009
Eatontown, NJ
I am looking to buy a spare motor for my pump or should I get a new pump and motor together?

I want the most efficient 2 speed motor (i believe it's the AO Smith B2983). This motor is around $305.

I currently have the Waterway SVL56. Is this a decent pump or is this the time to get pump/motor.

If I do the pump/motor I don't know that the pump manufacturers states the motor they are using?

Thats what I did and now have a spare on hand in case this 2 yr old pump or when this 2 yr old pump goes out. Then its just a matter of swapping the pumps out. Everything happens on a weekend when nobody is open. Never fails including when I go farming to my family farm here in ND. Drives me nuts! :hammer:

Any opinions on Waterway Pumps? I am thinking of just getting some spare parts (impeller, what really goes bad on a pump, really no other moving parts but the seals) and keeping this pump.

I want the AO Smith B2983 motor and can't find a pump that comes with this motor. From what I can tell this motor is the most efficient.

The B2983 motor is sold as a more efficient motor because it is a capacitor start capacitor run motor but several pumps have this setup. Also, PSC motors are nearly as efficient. If you are interested in looking at actual measured efficiencies, I would focus the California Energy Commission database. It is the most comprehensive data available. In my sig, there is a link to a Pool Pump Energy Cost Comparison worksheet they will show the estimate energy use for various conditions based upon the CEC data.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.