SPA question; Average pressure at jets and water coming out of air intake

GA_Dogg

Jun 26, 2021
Tampa, FL
So my inground pool/spa just got completed.
I'm a newbie to pools so please don't think I'm a complete idiot but once I turn on(all valves correctly positioned) the spa, water pressure at the spa jets is the SAME pressure as when the pool jets are on, just average. This is on a variable Pentair pump with RPM set to max for spa.
Secondly, NO air bubbles out of jets
thirdly, if I put my hand over one of the jets, water comes out of spa air intake. Maybe that is normal, unsure. (FYI, there were no bubbles BEFORE placing hand over a jet)
and lastly, when the pump shuts off on the schedule, water empties out of the spa down to just at jets.
I wanted to get an honest opinion before pool guy comes out.

Last edited:
Reactions: KellyAH
Welcome to the forum!
Sounds like several things going on.
If you could post some pictures of your equipment pad, focus on the suction and return lines. Let us know what mode (spa or pool) things are in when the pictures are taken.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Sounds like several things going on.
If you could post some pictures of your equipment pad, focus on the suction and return lines. Let us know what mode (spa or pool) things are in when the pictures are taken.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
These following pics show setup for spa mode. As you can see, the off on the return side is pointing towards pool, and on the suction side, the same scenario.
NOTE: The first wide shot, the valvles were placed in normal operation. The 2 after that were placed in spa mode.20210628_145328.jpg20210628_144036.jpg20210628_144048.jpg

Lets focus on the first picture, you said that is pool mode.
As you have a Spa make up line on the pool side of the return, the actuated valve on the return should be completely shutting off the spa side. It is now open to both the spa and pool sides.
On the suction side, the actuated valve is open to both the spa and pool side. It should have the spa side shut down.

On the next two pictures, the valves are properly set for spa mode. So you say there is flow from the pool returns when in spa mode?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.