Spa pvc fountain popped up

Apr 24, 2017
Englewood
We've owned our house/pool for six months. Never owned a pool prior so this has been a challenge.
We started adjusting valves yesterday to try to get the two deck jets in the shallow end (zero entry) to shoot up. We got some action but not much. I think we need s new filter.
Anyway...the following day, a pipe is now visable in the spa for the spa fountain. We've been trying to figure out how to make that work for six months. Looking back at pictures of when we bought the house, it was there. We never realize there was a pipe for the spa fountain
I don't know why/how it finally popped out six months later and it's great but we don't know how to get it to push back down.

Any idea?

It is a saltwater pool. Three years old. 15000 gallons.

I posted 4 pictures of the pool if I did it wrong let me know if you can't see them.

Attachments

• IMG_8255.jpg
    IMG_8255.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3860.jpg
    IMG_3860.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 3BA45906-F897-4360-854D-165001564EDF.jpg
    3BA45906-F897-4360-854D-165001564EDF.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8257.jpg
    IMG_8257.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 38
Hi Carrie, and welcome to TFP.

I don't think a new filter is the answer. It just needs cleaning, or backwashing. Do you know what type it is? One of those valves runs your spa pipe most likely, so it should being a matter of finding it, and getting it closed. Nothing on the panel menu indicates which one you should control for this?

I do need a new filter in general. It's six months old. It's the big one. Lol. PA175

That's really not my issue today. Per say. Lol.

What made the spa fountain PVC pipe pop out and how do I get it back down?

Did I do it when I adjusted the valves and the pressure increased so it popped up? Or was it something else?

Attachments

• IMG_8245.jpg
    IMG_8245.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 24
Those filter cartridges are designed to be cleaned and reused for many years. If you want a new one I prefer Pleatco filters because they are cheaper, work better, stay clean longer and are easier to clean. More here, Pool School - Maintenance and Cleaning of Pool Filters

Yes, most likely opening a valve is what caused water to flow to that fitting and push it up. Turning off flow will make it go back down.

You can probably push it down with your hand but it won't stay down. It is most likely activated by water pressure. . So, as long as water is flowing to it it will stay up.

Thanks. I figured it out right when I submitted the last post. I just adjusted the valve that said spa fountain, duh. Lol

I do have one more question.
There is a spa fountain in hot tub, waterfall in the pool, two jets that squirt into the pool that you can see one of them in the top of the picture and the other one is in the deep end.
And there are two deck jets that shoot out of the shallow end of the water straight up. I'm pointing to them at the bottom of the picture.

My question is, I adjusted the valves to where I actually can see the water being disturbed by the deck jets in the shallow end but I can't get them to shoot up above the water level.

I had a friend come and help me who has a pool and that's where I was told if I get a new filter it will increase the flow and they will shoot up. It made sense because with all of them on. None of them have a lot of pressure.

would you have any idea how to make the two deck jets in the shallow end squirt up?

well, let me see how to attach the file. I guess I've exceeded my limit

You can copy the IMG code for the pic and paste it in your post so that it will show up in the forum and people won't have to click out of the forum to see the pic.

More here on posting pics, Posting Photo's Tutorial

For some water features it is necessary to turn down water flow to other areas, usually pool returns, while turning up flow to the feature. Also, if you have a variable speed oump,you can turn up the pump speed.

Please add your pool info to your signature so that we can better help you. More here about adding a signature, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.