Spa light not working

LuLu72

May 18, 2020
Southern California
This is driving me crazy. We have Pentair glo brites in both pool and spa. Can turn them on off/separately from app. Last winter the spa light stopped working. Would not turn on. It would but not until spa heater was on and the spa reached a certain temp and bam it turns on.

Had service come out, he went to the panel and said we just need to resync it. It worked for a couple months. Now same problem. Ive done resync and it’s still not working. Not sure I’m doing it properly. He showed us so quickly. I e tried the sync through the app too and does not work. We have ScreenLogic.

Any suggestions?

When the water temps are lower, my spa light turns on about 3-4 seconds after the pool lights (all are on the same transformer), and it causes the light show to not be in sync. I also think it is slower to scroll through the light colors, but I haven't confirmed that part. It is temperature related as when the spa is on or the temps are higher, say upper 60's, it works fine, but below that, the light is slower.

With both your light and mine being in the spa, I wonder if the heat cycles on the lamp have damaged something? Also interesting that they both seem to work fine at warmer water temps.

You can attempt to reset the lights by toggling power on/off to the lamps 31 times. Instructions here... Pentair Globrite Replacement

The reset didn't work for my issue.

--Jeff

Looks like responding to this thread jinxed me. A day or so later I noticed that my spa light is not on. I turned on the heater, and once the spa warmed up, the light came on. I am going to contact my PB and see if these are still under warranty. I don't remember what the warranty was on the Globrites.

--Jeff

😂. We have determined 99 degrees is our Magic temperature lol. I think they are 3 years if they were bought with all your equipment. Pentair wanted me to remove the light so I could give them serial number. The company that came Out and reset everything said that was BS. Let me know what you find out. I may have to reach back out to Pentair. We did owner build so I have no pool builder to fix for me…

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.